Windows Live™: Discover 10 secrets about the new Windows Live. View post.
THE DAY WALL STREET EXPLODED
A Story of America in Its First Age of Terror
By Beverly Gage
Illustrated. 400 pp. Oxford University Press. $27.95
RedFósforo estrena web
>>el sistema virtual de gestión y difusión y difusión de eventos culturales
presenta su nueva web y continúa elaborando un boletín de información
que ahora ofrece un servicio de envíos personalizados para instituciones,
personas y colectivos relacionados con la creación que deseen dar a conocer
sus trabajos y actividades.
PALABRAS HABLADAS: SPOKEN WORD
Más poesía en Alicante
>>continúa en camon el ciclo de spoken word y poesía en directo palabras habladas,
que a lo largo de 2009 nos trae actuaciones de destacados nombres de la música
y la literatura y talleres para aprender las técnicas de esta disciplina que aúna poesía
actuación de gonzalo escarpa
viernes 20 de febrero de 2009_20:30 h.
avda. ramón y cajal 5
EDICIONES TRASHUMANTES AVANZA
Presentaciones de la colección La Gavilla Verde
ÚLTIMAS PUBLICACIONES DE BEN CLARK Y GONZALO ESCARPA
Las respectivas presentaciones se celebrarán próximamente
[a la venta en librerías de toda España]
Poemas de amor, de Anne Sexton.
Mass Miedo. Gonzalo Escarpa.
Arrebato, Madrid, 2009.
jueves 19 de febrero de 2009
homenaje a antonio machado
Yesterday, President Obama announced his decision to send 17,000 additional U.S. troops to Afghanistan, on the grounds that 'the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan demands urgent attention'. Peace Action strongly opposes Obama's recent announcement and urges people to immediately call on Obama to choose diplomacy, not escalation.
More troops won't solve our problems in Afghanistan. Click here to tell President Obama and Congress that we need a comprehensive plan for Afghanistan before risking more American and Afghan lives.
We have seen the disastrous consequences of heading into war without a plan in Iraq. We are still mourning American and Iraqi lives lost, and struggling to rehabilitate our economy while spending billions of dollars on war.
Peace Action calls for the 'rapid withdrawal' of U.S. troops from Afghanistan and a new commitment to a negotiated diplomatic solution involving all regional players.
The Obama Administration should:
Kevin M. Martin
Click here to subscribe to the Action Alert Network
Click here to unsubscribe
PANAMANIAN COUNCIL OF NEW YORK, INC
94 South Oxford Street, Brooklyn NY, 11217. www.panamacouncilny.com
· Please find attached your complimentary copy of the February, 2009 Edition of 'Noticiero Popular Panameño', Monthly Online Variety Magazine.
· VISIT THE PANAMANIAN COUNCIL OF NEW YORK'S (PCNY) WEBSITE "CLICK" WWW.PANAMACOUNCILNY.COM.
· VISIT THE ELECTRONIC ENCYCLOPEDIA ON PANAMA, ("click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/links.html which offers a cornucopia of valuable information about Panama.
· Please respond to the Noticiero Popular Survey, designed to improve the publication. "Click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/surv.html
· You can use this publication in a number of ways: save, download, browse, store, share, pass-on, read, respond and/or circulate to relatives, friends, colleagues and compatriots. Send inquiries, suggestions, comments, give feedback; send news tips, calendar of events and articles for release to email@example.com.
· Vote in Panama's 2009 Election "Click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/vote.html
· Review back issues of "Noticiero Popular" virtual magazine. "Click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/news.html
· Look out for the March Special Commemorative The Celebration of Women History Month. Edition of "Noticiero Popular"
Dr. Marco Mason, Executive Editor
EL CONSEJO DE PANAMEÑOS DE NUEVA YORK
94 South Oxford Street, Brooklyn NY, 11217. www.panamacouncilny.com
· Encuéntrase adjuntó su copia gratis de la edición de Febreo, 2009, del 'Noticiero Popular Panameño', Revista de variedades virtual.
· "VISITE EL SITIO WEB DEL CONSEJO DE PANAMEÑOS EN NUEVA YORK (PCNY) "CLICK" WWW.PANAMACOUNCILNY.COM.
· También visite LA ENCICLOPEDIA ELECTRÓNICA SOBRE PANAMÁ que ofrece una cornucopia de información invaluable acerca de Panamá. "click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/links.html
· Votan en las Elecciones de Panamá "click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/vote.html
· Les rogamos de completar la Encuesta del Noticiero Popular, diseñado con el propósito de mejorar la publicación, "click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/surv.html
· Favor de remitirnos sus opiniones, comentarios, artículos, calendario de eventos, noticias, etc. enviado a firstname.lastname@example.org
· Para ejemplares anteriores de la revista revisita "click" http://www.panamacouncilny.com/news.html
· Manténgase a la expectativa para la próxima edición Especial Conmemorando La Celebración de el Mes de la Mujer
Dr. Marco Mason, Editor Ejecutivo
|Add email@example.com to your address book so you don't miss any invitations from your friends.|
Protesting the Israeli security forces’ disruption of PalFest
Tuesday, May 26, 2009• Video: PalFest 2008: John Berger Reads Ghassan Kha...
Monday, May 25, 2009
Today, my friends, we saw the clearest example of our mission: to confront the culture of power with the power of culture.Despite attempts to prevent the sharing and transmission of culture, Palfest is using all the communications tools at its disposal to reach out -- for videos, photos, blogs and other Palfest updates go here. Here's a video from the opening night:
Israeli forces ended their offensive against Hamas in Gaza on Saturday, 17 January, following the declaration of ceasefires by Hamas and Israel.
Highlighted below are some of the main buildings identified as destroyed or damaged in Gaza City and the surrounding area as of 16 January, when this latest satellite image was taken.
The image, taken for Unosat at the United Nations Institute for Training and Research, has helped researchers identify at least 566 destroyed or damaged buildings.
The map below shows the main areas attacked in the three weeks of violence.
Palestinian medical sources say more than 1,010 Palestinians were killed in the violence, which began on 27 December 2008. Israel says 13 Israelis died, including 10 soldiers in the campaign and three civilians killed as a result of rocket fire from Gaza.
Interesting websites on Iraq
Photographing in Iraq:
Immigration detainees and their families lack basic ways to get information when things go wrong.May 5, 2008N.Y. / RegionNews
After the deaths of two immigrant detainees, a review of the cases prompted recommendations for faster reporting of deaths and better sharing of information.July 3, 2008
The government should be rushing to improve the oversight and care in its sprawling detention system to protect all detainees.June 11, 2008
The immigration detention process is subjected to little oversight or accountability.May 24, 2008
It is increasingly difficult to pry records that should be open out of federal agencies.May 11, 2008
A bill would require the secretary of the Homeland Security Department to report all deaths in immigration detention within 48 hours to the Justice Department's inspector general as well as its own.May 7, 2008
As authorities continue rounding up illegal immigrants in these harsh days of ever-stricter enforcement, the potential for abuse will grow largely out of sight.May 6, 2008
Immigration detainees and their families lack basic ways to get information when things go wrong.May 5, 2008
The Senate immigration bill that is lumbering toward final passage is overloaded with provisions that will make life harsher and more unfair for immigrants.June 27, 2007
Lawmakers and government investigators are examining deaths of immigrants who die while in custody as immigration detention system swells to meet demands for stricter enforcement of immigration laws; family members and advocates have difficulty getting information about those who die in custody of immigrant detention, patchwork of federal, private and local facilities; new Immigration and Customs Enforcement report finds that 62 immigrants have died in custody since 2004; immigration officials ...June 26, 2007
Questions are being raised about the treatment in jail of a detained immigrant who hanged himself.February 23, 2007
A case before a federal court of appeals has linked the Bush administration's methods of interrogating prisoners to a sharp change in the standards of humanitarian law at home.March 11, 2005
Edwin Bulus, who fled Nigeria after members of family were jailed for allegedly plotting coup against military regime, has been detained by Immigration and Naturalization Service since arriving at Kennedy International Airport in May 1995, and his treatment has sometimes been harsh; is accused by Federal Government of entering country with false documents, and has since been denied parole while request for asylum is pending; asylum advocates describe handling of case by immigration service as K...April 1, 1997
SEARCH 12 ARTICLES ABOUT IN-CUSTODY DEATHS:
Explore a Detention Watch graphic showing the locations of immigration detention facilities across the country.
A list of resources as selected by researchers and editors of The New York Times.